Equinox Megaport serial boards

Jon Meinecke jonm at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Thu Jun 15 00:23:36 AEST 1989

This sounds like a really neat board.

Perhaps someone more knowledgealbe in hardware details can explain why

Mr Lukas writes:
> ...DMA or I/O cycles are much longer than 16 bit memory cycles on the AT
> bus...

Is he referring to byte I/O, perhaps?

Also, what does it mean to say that the card "can support 16MHz bus speeds"?
I thought that AT-compatible bus speed is 8MHz...

Has anyone actually installed one of these cards into a production system?
If so, how many users, modems, printers, etc and what performance have you
obsevered?  Does it work with VP/ix and DOS Merge?  How much does card cost?

Jon Meinecke