Terminfo question

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Thu Jun 29 22:51:18 AEST 1989

In article <255 at spcc386.UUCP> stefan at spcc386.UUCP (Stefan Posthuma) writes:
>[... re: cursor visbility control ...]
>But now I want to use these capabilities in my program. I haven't found any
>standard Terminfo routines to do this, and I don't know how to read the
>Terminfo database directly without a lot of trouble.

The AT&T man entry (sorry, no Xenix manuals handy) for terminfo defines
the function `curs_set':

curs_set(visibility)	The cursor state is set to invisible, normal, or
			very visibile for _visibility_ equal to 0, 1, or 2.
			The previous visibility is returned (or -1 for
			terminals w/out the required support).

BTW, a quick `nm -ng /lib/386/Slibtinfo.a' shows entry points for
curs_set(). Documented or not, the function exists in the Xenix terminfo.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com