problems with Xenix

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Jun 30 13:25:23 AEST 1989

In article <248 at mgse.UUCP> marks at mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) writes:
>Help! i am having some problems with my system, and my softcare support from
>SCO is worthless. [...]  I have a clone 286 with a Wyse 995 multiport card.
>i am running SCO Xenix 286 re. 2.2.1. The Wyse drivers are 1.19.

Everything said here sounds like big time problems in the device drivers.
If you had SoftCare, then you should have the Discover from a few months
back which tells you how to adb the kernel and find where it was when
the system panic'ed.  Have you done this to see where it is?  Is it in
Wyse's drivers or elsewhere?

I'm not sure why you flame SCO.  I don't see how you can expect them to do
anything about broken 3rd party drivers.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
"I wish you'd put that starvation box down and go to bed" - Albert Collins' Mom