Wanted: C++ on Xenix

Adnan Yaqub adnan at sgtech.UUCP
Wed Jun 21 00:55:54 AEST 1989

In article <7999 at saturn.ucsc.edu> lcc at ucscb.UCSC.EDU (73701000) writes:

   There is GNU g++ from the GNU foundation. It is public domain and you can
   get it from prep.ai.mit.edu over the internent. You probably won't get it
   to work unless you have a 387 installed because of the lack of robust
   floating point emulation in XENIX.

GNU C++ is not in the public domain.  The software is copyrighted by
the Free Software Foundation.  The license is, however, free,
providing you abide by the terms.  As for porting it to Xenix, I have
my doubts.  C++ is based on the GNU C compiler, which, as far as I
know, has never been ported to Xenix.  (Actually, I think someone did
port it to Xenix, but the resulting compiler produced SYSV binaries,
not Xenix ones.)  What we have decided to do, and which may be the
best idea, is to wait for Unix 3.2 from SCO and then run GNU C and
C++.

--
Adnan Yaqub
Star Gate Technologies, 29300 Aurora Rd., Solon, OH, USA, +1 216 349 1860