phototypesetter for xenix?

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 14 01:09:26 AEST 1989

In article <7428 at aimed.UUCP> nick at aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) writes:
| We have a LASERPRO Silver Express Laser printer here, which through
| some nasty wiring is now hooked to our xenix system. It has several
	[ ... ]

| Does anyone out there know how to configure troff to use this printer?

  If the printer will do postscript there are two troff to PostScript
programs, the PD "thack" (say t-hack) and the Adobe "pscat." pscat seems
to do a better job, but it costs (I think the site license for troff and
ditroff programs is about $1k). thack was on the net a week or so ago,
and is pretty decent.

  Of course if the printer is not PostScript you will have to go another
route. Elan software sells a xenix version of troff called EROFF, which
is ditroff and supports the LaserJet and/or a number of other printers.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen