Computone grumbling

Jeff Tye jeff at swusrgrp.UUCP
Thu Jun 29 05:37:37 AEST 1989

In article <5809 at megatest.UUCP>, palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 	 Does anyone know where I can get a device driver
>          for the "Archive 5256" tape drive. (For sysV3.2)
> 	 This is the tape drive with the long board controller.
> 	 I believe the number on the controller is SA400.
> 	 Or even a phone number to contact them would help.

Xenix 2.3.2 and SCO UNIX 3.2 have drivers built in for that tape unit.

Physically set the board at Type 1 (Archive), Interupt 2, DMA 1, and address
0200H.

Then in the mkdev tape utility use the same settings except use Interupt 25
and voila` it works.

Their new tape driver is the best I've seen. Real intelligent, grabs as
much memory for buffering as it can, but will give it back if other
processes need it. And faster than ever. Plus you don't have to rely on
a third party for tape drivers.

--
Jeff Tye
ncar!noao!asuvax!hrc!swusrgrp!jeff