List of new features in SCO 2.3 Dev Sys

Keith Gabryelski ag at crash.cts.com
Thu Mar 2 05:10:48 AEST 1989

In article <1738 at viscous.sco.COM> uunet!rosso (Ross Oliver) writes:
>Here are some highlights of changes and additions to the SCO XENIX
>2.3.0 Development System:
>
>  - The select() library function has been added.

Also, the System V Release 3 signal stuff has been added -- including
software signals [ssignal()], sigset(), sigrelse(), sigignore(),
sighold(), and sigpause().

These new signal routines (specifically sigpause()) do not have the
problems my posted patches to the 2.1 dev sys/os had.

Also, `cc' outputs (more) reasonable error messages (a big thing for me).

The documentation is on par with the 2.3 OS docs.  That is, compared
with earlier SCO documentation, fantastic.

I give it two `thumbs up'.

Pax, Keith
--
Keith Gabryelski       UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!ag
                       ARPA: crash!ag at nosc.mil        INET: ag at crash.CTS.COM