technical support from different vendors?

Beverly Seavey beverly at ai.cs.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:03:22 AEST 1989

 We are in the process of setting up a Xenix system. University
 purchasing insists that we buy from the vendor that offers Xenix
 at the lowest price, unless there is a real difference in what
 you actually get. The price quotes that we are getting from three
 different companies cover a price spread of $300. I was wondering
 if the different was in quality of tech support. Does any one have
 any comment on the quality of tech support from SCO, Government
 Technical Service, or Egghead,  or is the actual tech support
 through MicroSoft?
 .