Computone Intelliport Serial Board

Royal Ontario Museum romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Mon Mar 27 00:10:15 AEST 1989

With reference to a posting last week about problems with
linking HDB uucp and "old" uucp Xenix, I think the problem is
due to a brain damaged Computone Intelliport card.  This
cluster controller works fine with standard dumb terminals on
it, but fails miserably with uucp and kermit file transfers
between the Xenix box and a PC.  Seems like it cannot handle
steady streams of data.

Computone knows about the problems and they said they are
working on it.  How can they release serial boards that can't
do uucp????  Don't they test anything down there?

Also, I cannot get a standard Hayes 2400 modem to work
consistently on this board.  The modem correctly picks up the
line on dial in  but there is no carrier as the Computone board seems
not to be communicating with the modem.  Occasionally, after a
disable/enable sequence the modem will work correctly for one
call, then the line goes into outer space again, until some
fortuitous sequence of events such as a reboot or dis/enable
sets things right.

Any help on the modem part of these problems would be
appreciated.

How about posting the register and parameter settings for a
2400 baud Hayes modem that is working on a Computone board?

Thanks in advance.
Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
M5S 2C6

mark at utgpu!rom      - or -     romwa at utgpu