Everex Step 20 power-on answers

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Sun Mar 12 10:06:14 AEST 1989

In article <1989Mar7.141704.14389 at ateng.ateng.com> chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>    From: uunet!dalsqnt!vector!chip (Chip Rosenthal)
>[This story is a bit strong for re-publication.  Suffice it to say that he
> had a bad experience with an Everex motherboard that wouldn't work...

Ahhh...good taste strikes again.

Let me hasten to add that not only did I change manufactuers, but I changed
suppliers.  The people I was dealing with had no concept of how to deal
with a non-DOS machine.  Their techs were so useless that *I* spent the
time in their back room trying to debug the machine.  Although I have had
enough bad experiences with Everex to avoid them, in this case it might
have been the change in stores which did the trick.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP    |      Choke me in the shallow water
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-5337    |         before I get too deep.