Accell's Recovery after System Crash

Paul Terry Pryor GeeWhiz at cup.portal.com
Wed Mar 1 14:35:52 AEST 1989

Recently after a series of memory parity panics, the two
critical database files, files.db and unify.db were both
listed by fsck's warning about inconsistent file sizes.
A listing of their sizes was much too amazing to believe !
Files.db weighted in at whopping 6 megs, and unify.db
grew to 500K. Since Accell's manual did not state any
specific recovery actions, I am appealling to anyone who
can lend me a hand recovering these two critical files.

An alternative is to lose hundred hours of work put into
the Accell. Thankfully, we are evaluating several commerical
databases, and not coding a specific database application.

Thanks !

Paul Pryor
Integrated Microcomputer Systems, INC
NASSIR ACIRS3+ Project Team