Out of Heap space error...

Roger A. Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Thu Mar 9 06:29:38 AEST 1989

>From article <9016 at alice.UUCP>, by debra at alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra):
> In article <570 at sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU> tony at MATH.UCLA.EDU () writes:
>
> Try -LARGE compile option. It invokes large-model compiler. Note that
> this "large-model" does not influence the code the compiler generates.
> It only means that this compiler itself was generated using the large
> model, so it won't run out of heap space.

I've found recently that using the -LARGE option also eliminates
the "function ??? too large for post optimizer" warning I sometimes
get, so indirectly, the -LARGE option could affect the code generated
in this case.  I only noticed this about a week ago, so I don't know
if -LARGE will fix the "function too large" message in all cases.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Roger
--
Roger Cornelius       rac at sherpa