Tcsh? Ksh? anything?

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Mon Mar 13 22:54:43 AEST 1989

In article <21832 at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> vijay at lll-winken.llnl.gov writes:

>I found a public dommain Korn Shell on a ftp site with anonymous ftp
>and thee README said it works on bsd 4.2 and SYSV
>so i guess it should not be hard to port to Xenix...even if you have to modify anything
>
>If a lot of people want it i will put it in anonymous ftp or can mail it to you
>
>The Readme said it was Public Domain ...so if it is not  , it is not my fault
>
>                                   Vijay

The subject of public domain Korn shell sources has been tossed about in
unix.questions and unix.wizards, and the One True Answer is that 'ksh' is
very definitely Copyright (c) Bell Labs (and very definitely 3 grand for
the sources).

I might check the sources for copyright info, carefully, before offering
to distribute copies.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com