Need tape drive info

Daniel Poirot nasa at killer.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Mar 24 05:52:37 AEST 1989

In article <352 at belltec.UUCP> jim at belltec.UUCP (Mr. Jim's Own Logon) writes:
>In article <180 at fryepro.UUCP>, gary at fryepro.UUCP (Gary L. Scorby) writes:

>> We have a Bell Technologies 60MB XTC tape backup unit ...
>>
>> ... we still don't have any software for DOS.

>    The truth is out. Bell Tech does not support DOS.
>
>							Jim Wall
>							Bell Technologies, Inc

Does anyone have any info on talking to the controller?  (QIC-36?)
Does anyone have a utility to read/write tar tapes under DOS?

I can read and write a UNIX tar tape using several different UNIX systems
including my Bell Tech system under UNIX SYS V/386, but I haven't seen
anything that does the same for DOS.

Daniel Poirot		nasa at killer.dallas.tx.us
Lockheed B16
2400 Nasa Rd. 1
Houston, TX 77536	"A mind is a terrible thing."