Tcsh? Ksh? anything?

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Mar 14 01:59:12 AEST 1989

In article <1174 at sbee.sunysb.edu> mhlevy at sbee.sunysb.edu (Mark Levy) writes:

>                                                 Does anybody out there is
>comp.unix.xenix-land know if any available shell product offers job control
>features similar to those in the BSD csh ?

It is not really the product like the csh that determines whether or not
you can have job control. In order to provide job control the kernel must
support it. As a matter of fact later versions of the ksh also allow job
control, similarly the bsh or BRL enhanced bourne shell also have job
control available. And I must say, having recently been working in an
environment that has job control, I sorely miss it using SCO. What I am
really interested in knowing is whether SCO UNIX 3.2 will have it or
not, someone from SCO care to comment??

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Westchester,CA