Smail

Phil Eschallier phile at lgnp1.LS.COM
Fri Mar 31 00:33:41 AEST 1989

In article <494 at laic.UUCP>, rieger at nova.laic.uucp (Bob Rieger) writes:
> Does anyone have a smart mailer running on SCO XENIX?  If you have
> any information or sources,  please let me know.  Please E-Mail
> all responses to
>
> 	uunet!amdahl!dlb!netcom!bobr

bob,

i have been running smail on xenix for some time now -- without any
hassels.  you can grab the files you need from here (lgnp1) via
anonomous uucp ...

+1 215 279 5921 (2400/1200/300 baud)
ogin: nuucp
word: <none>

grab the files:
lgnp1!/pub/files/mail/smail25.tar.Z
lgnp1!/pub/files/mail/smailsco.pat.Z

use that patch program available from various net sources or:
lgnp1!/pub/files/utils/patch20.tar.Z

then compile away and use the install_smail script (and place
"set execmail" in the /usr/lib/mail/mailrc file).

phil

btw -- in the xenix mods for defs.h you are given the option of defining
MICNET, i personally leave it undefined.

--
Phil Eschallier                                        | Lagniappe Systems
(Preferred E-mail): { root | phile }@LS.COM            | 1011 New Hope St. #87c