SCO 2.3 curses bug 3

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Fri Mar 31 22:24:40 AEST 1989

In article <75 at estinc.UUCP> fnf at estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:

>/*
> *	This little program demonstrates what I believe to be a bug
> *	in the SCO 2.3 development package curses library.  During
> *	installation, the "terminfo curses" option was selected.
> *	The screen is left painted in standout mode.
> * [...]

This is a display-dependant "feature" (ie if you attach a different
display to your console, it might go away).

The fault lies not with Curses, but Term[cap|info] handling of standout.
If the ansi entry in your term[cap|info] database includes the "ms"
capability, removing it often helps this problem.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com