Tcsh? Ksh? anything?

Bill Baker wab at reed.UUCP
Mon Mar 27 13:11:27 AEST 1989

In article <408 at romed.UUCP> pete at romed.UUCP (Pete Rourke) writes:
>In article <12134 at reed.UUCP> wab at reed.UUCP (Bill Baker) writes:
>>Bill Baker
>>{backbone}!tektronix!reed!wab
>>The difference between an 800-pound gorilla and an SCO Vice-President
>>is purely cosmetic.  --from the Great Book of SCO Koans.
>

> I take great offense at your signature line.

Hey, boob! I speak from experience.  If you don't, then that is to say
that you do not speak at all.

Actually, I get a kick out of SCO's Vice-Presidents.  They are real
people, not the corporate cogs most big companies use as upper-level
management.  Altogether, SCO's Vice-Presidents are a fun and
personable, if not particularly trustworthy, lot.  Think of your Uncle
Jack (every family has one) who was always such fun at parties but
whom your mother wouldn't leave alone in the same room as your little
sister and you'll get the idea.

> Of course the difference between an 800 -pound gorilla and a reed!wab
> is that the gorilla is closer to sentience.

Ow!  I'm hit, I'm hit!  Medic!  Somebody give me the last rites.  My
armor is clattering about me.

C'mon, Pete!  If you're gonna zing someone on the net, you've got to
have a better line than that.  In the parlance of the trade, the net
is a tough house.

But then I suppose a lack of talent is typical of the type of person
who would come to the defense of some nameless, faceless and soulless
Vice-President In Charge Of Wang Wiggling.  Don't despair, Pete.  As
part of his program for a "Kindler, Gentler America" President Lush
appointed the biggest goon he could find as Vice-President of the
United States so that people such as yourself, crippled by a lack of
humor, would have a sitting duck.

By the by, Webster's defines sentience as "feeling or sensation as
distinguished from perception or thought."  So you've accused me of
being less hedonistic and more introspective than a gorilla,
essentially the reverse of what you intended to say.  Very good, Pete.
You've made a fool out of yourself in front of thousands of people.
In the parlance of the trade, once again, this is known as stepping in
deep doo-doo.

Bill Baker
{backbone}!tektronix!reed!wab

An idiot and his credibility are soon parted.  --From the Great Book of
Romed Research Koans.