Problems with HDB and XENIX V/386 2.3.1

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Mon Mar 13 07:20:48 AEST 1989

In article <5776 at mrspoc.UUCP> itkin at mrspoc.UUCP (Steven List) writes:
>This Permissions file is making me nuts.
>LOGNAME=uucp \
>MACHINE=mrspoc:worf:yar \
>	COMMANDS=ALL \
>	READ=/:/usr/local/lib:~ \
>	WRITE=/:/usr/local/lib:~ \
>	SENDFILES=yes REQUEST=yes

On a uucp command line, the tilde is normally understood to expand to
/usr/spool/uucppublic.
But: nothing in my documentation regarding the Permissions file indicates
that the tilde (~) will be properly interpreted therein.
In Permissions, I think you have to spell out the directories quite
literally.
But why include the PUBDIR in the READ or WRITE list if you list the root
directory first off?
--
Jean-Pierre Radley		Honi soit		jpr at dasys1.UUCP
New York, New York		qui mal			...!hombre!jpradley!jpr