UUCP performance

Wm. E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Mar 29 08:29:16 AEST 1989

In article <601 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:

| What, if any, tuning can be done to increase our uucp performance?

  I had the same problem. I set windows to 7. The problem went away. You
will have to ask someone for a patch for v < 2.3.1, I have installed it
but lost the doc. 2.3.1 has the info in the manual somewhere. You diddle
something with adb from 3 to 7.

  Now MY question: why in hell doesn't SCO shep uucico set to w=7 by
default? Is there a prize for bad performance.

  I see over 200cps on a 2400 baud line, about 600 on 9600 (but the
other machine is an overloaded pig).
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at crd.GE.COM)