Computone Intelliport Serial Board

Brian Gillis gillisb at mist.cs.orst.edu
Wed Mar 29 17:55:53 AEST 1989

In article <1989Mar28.235134.4956 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> romwa at gpu.utcs.UUCP (Royal Ontario Museum) writes:
>In article <774 at jack.UUCP> steve at jack.UUCP (Steven Harrison) writes:
>>In article <1989Mar26.091015.1214 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Royal Ontario Museum) writes:
>>>With reference to a posting last week about problems with
>>>linking HDB uucp and "old" uucp Xenix, I think the problem is
>>>due to a brain damaged Computone Intelliport card.  This
>>>cluster controller works fine with standard dumb terminals on
>>>it, but fails miserably with uucp and kermit file transfers
>>>between the Xenix box and a PC.  Seems like it cannot handle
>>>steady streams of data.

I too have had this problem with computone's AT16 product. I was very
amazed that it could not handle 9600bps cu connection with another Xenix
system without a loss of data.  However, I was able to overcome the problem
by increasing the CPU time spent on the important ports. You might try
this method if your Computone product allows it.

Brian
gillisb at gsd.UUCP