Tcsh? Ksh? anything?

Mark Levy mhlevy at sbee.sunysb.edu
Sun Mar 12 09:48:01 AEST 1989

In article <53184 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP>, spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:
> System: SCO Xenix 2.2, on a Compaq 386/20. Is there ANY way to get a
> better shell than the crappy mini-C shell that comes with SCO Xenix?
> Has anybody gotten the Tcsh to work with Xenix, or are there ANY
> shells with cursor-key history editing and file name completion?
> A la Ksh, etc.

Mortice Kern Systems has KSH available in their trilogy package.  Though
I haven't purchased it yet, I have a version in the messy dos MKS tool kit.
Also available is one from ASPEN systems (?)

Please note that I am not personally familliar with either product, nor am I
in any way connected with either company.  I am very pleased wit h the MKS
tool kit, and am very unhappy with the XENIX csh.  Does anybody out there is
comp.unix.xenix-land know if any available shell product offers job control
features similar to those in the BSD csh ?

thanks,
Mark