ESDI HARD DRIVE

T.H. White thw9759 at ultb.UUCP
Sat Mar 25 04:48:07 AEST 1989

I am trying to get a 70 megabyte ESDI hard drive to work with an IBM AT
clone (Reliant 286 system to be exact). It has Phoenix Bios 3.10 installed
in it. From what little I found out about the hard drive, it seems to be a
drive of type: 67. The ROM BIOS SETUP goes to type 47. Is there a way around
it?

I want to put XENIX on it which doesn't use the bios anyway. If I just had
a way of knowing where the registers are and how many cylinders, sectors
per track, landing zone, Ecc, write precomp, and a couple of other
parameters and I think Xenix wouldtake off and do its thing but I don't
know what the parameters are and no one seems to know. Of course IBM
is of no help as usual and the Santa Cruz Operation won't help either.
I have a Western Digital ESDI controller which operates the 1.2meg
floppy just fine...

Any help would be most appreciated.. Thank you.