BIOS Compatibility with SCO Xenix 286/386

Axel Fischer fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Fri Mar 24 21:43:09 AEST 1989

In article <9556 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> gillisb at mist.cs.orst.edu (Brian Gillis) writes:
>Has anyone had any problems using the DTK BIOS with SCO Xenix Systems??
No, it runs superb. Only with Adaptec DiskControlers you need a patch (I've
heard this from a friend who uses the Adaptec.) This one runs on a 286.

>Has anyone had any problems using the Award Bios with any SCO Product??
No, never tested.

>Has anyone used any other BIOS other than Phoenix??
Yes, a friend has the AMI Bios on his 386 box and he is very pleased with it.
It runs better than the Phoenix because it knows more about disks and generates
absolutly no problems with Xenix. I've heard some time ago over the net that
the Phoenix users does have some trouble but I can't recall what it was.

-Axel
--
Domain:        fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Europe:        ...!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer