AT&T Driver Development Guides... The Saga Continues. (Long)

Bob Thrush x210 rd at tarpit.UUCP
Fri May 19 07:10:43 AEST 1989

In article <ADNAN.89May16091203 at sgtech.UUCP> adnan at sgtech.UUCP (Adnan Yaqub) writes:
>   [ about trying to obtain ATT System V, Rel. 3 Driver documentation ]
>Now it is May, and I have again called AT&T.  The books are available,
>and they cost US $200 and US $150 respectively!  (It seems Steve's
>above response was prophetic, at least in terms of cost.)  Now my
>question to Mr Hite is where he got his books for only US $75 each?
>
>(For those with deep pockets, the books can be order from AT&T by
>calling (800) 432-6600 or by sending a purchase order to AT&T, P.O.
>Box 19901, Indianapolis, IN 46219.)

  Whoa!  I just got off the phone with AT&T (to followup my March 9,
1989 backorder of 307-191) and was told it would not be available
until June 1.  I also followed up on April 19 and was told that
a new batch would be in shortly and also that the previous batch had
been rejected by AT&T QC.  If you were able to get 307-191 from
available supplies, I would appreciate a confirmation so I can
load up both barrels and go after AT&T.  :-) :-)

  Evidently there are 57 other backlogged orders for this manual
according to the AT&T order service representative.

--
Bob Thrush                 UUCP: {rtmvax,ucf-cs}!tarpit!rd
Automation Intelligence,   1200 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32804