VP/ix keyboard problem

David F. McCune dfm at sagepub.UUCP
Mon May 1 07:40:40 AEST 1989

I am using vp/ix with Xenix 2.3.1 on an Everex 386/25.  With
most of the applications I run on the console, vpix seems to
handle the keyboard incorrectly.  Vpix seems to buffer characters,
so that it waits until two characters have been entered before
it responds.  For example, if I run Quattro and hit the right
arrow key to move to the adjacent cell, nothing happens.  But
if I hit right arrow again, the cursor jumps two cells to the
right.  This same behavior occurs in 1-2-3, R:base, and many
others.  It makes vpix almost useless.  Has anyone seen this
behavior and know of a fix/workaround?  Thanks much!

David

--
                 David McCune, Sage Publications, Inc.
           2111 West Hillcrest Drive, Newbury Park, CA 91320