Menu builder programs under SCO Xenix

Dave Shevett shevett at labii.UUCP
Tue May 30 12:39:45 AEST 1989

In article <601 at aurora.AthabascaU.CA> louis at cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) writes:
>In article <89 at estinc.UUCP>, fnf at estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:
>> Can anyone recommend any menu builder type programs for use under
>> SCO Xenix.

Wang provides an interesting 'shell' called 'wsh' with their distribution
of Xenix.  I believe it's probably available seperately.  It consists of
the wsh executable, and a wsh.dat, which is the customizable menu file.
Each user may have his/her own copy of wsh.dat, and alter it as they like
it.  If wsh is run and $HOME/wsh.dat doesn't exist, it reads it from
/usr/bin.

It allows space-bar selection of up to 12 items per screen, with each
selection having the capability of bringing up another menu or executing a
command.  It also allows for prompt for parameters to commands  (Ala a menu
pick may be 'list the files in a directory', and the menu system can prompt
the user with something like Enter the directory to list: )

Wang is headquartered in Lowell, Massechusetts.  I believe any of the Xenix
product managers up there can help (the name Rod Rogers comes to mind).

| Dave Shevett   |  between two puns is a  |  Labyrinth II BBS    |
| W. Trenton, NJ |    straight line..."    | shevett at labii.UUCP   |