Backups of Distibution Floppies

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Mon May 22 22:27:50 AEST 1989

In article <752 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I have Microport V/386 and a friend has SCO Xenix/386, and we were both
>wondering how to make backups of the distribution floppy disks?  Can you use
>DISKCOPY or are they *NIX-formatted disks?  If the latter, are they mountable,
>or are the files tar/cpio archives?  Or ???

I wouldn't know about microport, but on SCO Xenix there is the command:

	diskcp		for 360K diskettes, and
	diskcp -96	for 1.2 meg diskettes.

I don't have a 3 1/2 " disk drive so I can't help you for those.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon