need help for SCO Xenix Sys V 286. ver 2.1.3

Chris Anderson chris at utgard.UUCP
Tue May 2 06:58:05 AEST 1989

In article <1689 at wasatch.utah.edu> ch-tkr at wasatch.utah.edu (Timothy K Reynolds) writes:
>My Problem:  we are removing some old users from the system.  But we can't
>clean their directories due to some odd files which still exist.  The files
>apparently have non-ascii characters in them (as determined by "ls > tmp"
>and trying to edit tmp in vi.
>
>Anybody out there know how to get around this problem?  I would really
>appreciate your help with this matter.

Another way is to do "rm -i *" and then answer y/n for each file
that you want to keep or not keep.

The "find" method is the cleanest, however :-).

Chris
--
| Chris Anderson, 						       |
| QMA, Inc.		        email : {csusac,sactoh0}!utgard!chris  |