Running xenix on intel 386 board

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.UUCP
Thu May 25 15:09:34 AEST 1989

In article <3709 at udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> conan at vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert B Carroll) writes:
->
->I have an old ibm pc(say 8 yrs old).
->I'm interested in upgrading and running xenix.
->I planned on getting an intel 386 inboard and
->keeping the disk controller,hard disk, floppies etc. etc.
->any body have any onfo on this type of upgrade?
->has anyone done this successfully?
->does xenix run without problems on it?

Exactly what are you trying to save? The old full hight floppy? How big is the
hard disk? A clone 386 box with some memory may be a better bet. Check it out.
Sooner or later even the Model T wears out.
Fred Rump

--
This is my house. My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.                          ...{dsinc bpa uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr