IBC computers and Xenix

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Sun May 21 07:38:48 AEST 1989

In article <May.18.03.23.27.1989.22151 at pilot.njin.net>, scohen at pilot.njin.net (Stephen Cohen) writes:
> I am interested in purchasing a IBC (Integrated Business Computers)
> 386:120 computer.  A possible configuration would consist of ; 20
> MHZ CPU, 40 ports, 8 megs RAM, 2 megs disk buffer, 370 meg hard
> drive. 150 meg tape backup system. Running SCO Xenix V2.3.1.
> It will be used to read and send vnews, mail, and support
> approximately 40 users.
> I am also interested in anyones experiences using Xenix to send and
> receive mail, vnews and if anyone was able to port the talk command
> to their system.
> Stephen Cohen
> Phone 201 881 6344
> scohen at pilot.njin.net
> ...!rutgers!njin!scohen

This system is an AT CLONE (Mylex/AMI motherboard) 16mhz, 4mb memory
running SCO386V2.2.3 and with smail, vnews added.  We use a tBIT+
modem at 9600locked.  The system is reliable and fast.. Let me know
how you like the IBC if you get it.  I have more than one client that
needs to upgrade.  We also use ELM for mail internally
bruce

	Bruce A. McIntyre, McIntyre Designs, Inc. VOICE(215)322-1895
	143 Bridgetown Pike, Langhorne, Pa. 19047 DATA (215)357-2915
	{wells|lgnp1|prapc2}!mdi386!bruce	bruce at wells tbit+

	Unix, Xenix, Netware and PC-DOS Applications development.
	Specializing in Database Applications since 1980.