Cron mysteriously stops cronning.

2301 pete at ittg.UUCP
Wed May 31 03:00:21 AEST 1989

In article <9772 at dasys1.UUCP> tbetz at dasys1.UUCP (TOM BETZ) writes:
>Quoth daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) in <660 at marob.MASA.COM>:
>[ details of standard-issue 2.3.1 cron bug deleted ]
>|Rebooting either has no effect, or apparently will re-engage cron,
>|which stops cronning shortly (24 hours or so) thereafter.
>|
>|Is there a SCO patch for this?  Does anyone else care to share strange
>|cron tales?  Any pointers, at all, will be appreciated.
>
>SCO CRON Fix# xnx080
>
>No troubles at all since I installed it.

Sorry if this one got posted and answered in the last few days, my newsfeed
went down over Memorial Day weekend :-(

I received and printed the posting <19 at consult.UUCP> today which gives us a
list of the xnx*.* SLS fixes.  However, I did not see "xnx080" on this list
and am wondering if it lurks somewhere upon the 'sosco' machine and is
available via the anonymous UUCP that Bob posted.

Thanks ahead, and all that,