Copying Xenix files to DOS ?

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Wed May 17 00:44:15 AEST 1989

In article <425 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>   I'm not real familiar with Xenix. I've been using Microport Unix for
>several years. Can anyone tell me if Xenix has DOS interface tools to
>enable copying text/binary files from Xenix to a DOS-format diskette ?
>I need to copy some shell scripts to a floppy and then view/edit the
>files under DOS. Can anyone lend any pointers ?

[ John will likely get billions of responses, however ... :-) ]

Xenix-to-DOS file mgmt tools:

doscp	Copy a file from DOS volume to Xenix, or vice-versa.  Does all
	text line-end conversions.  The "-r" flag bypasses conversion
	for binary files.

dosls	Does a "DIR" of the DOS volume.

dosrm	Removes a file from a DOS volume.

dosmkdir	Makes a subdirectory on a DOS volume.
dosrmdir	Removes ...

Now, althgether, let us say: "RTFM".

--
Dave Hammond