Create Lint Libraries?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Wed May 17 02:55:01 AEST 1989

I have been trying to create a lint library with
an SCO Xenix 386 system and have not been able to
do it properly. I have not been able to find an example
on how to use the '-o' option with lint.
My questions are:
    * what do you start with? a normal source file
      or a file that just has prototypes in it?
    * do you run lint with the '-o' option on a
      normal source file or on the prototype file?
    * do you need both the hash'd '.ln' and 'llib*'
      (displayable) files?
    * does the resultant lint library have to be in
      /usr/lib or can it be referred to with a full
      path at lint invocation?
If anyone knows exactly how to use this please send me
a complete small example.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin