LOCAL PRINTING (LPRINT) UNDER XENIX - NEED HELP!

Eric P. Scott epsilon at wet.UUCP
Wed May 24 04:56:39 AEST 1989

In article <1001 at sactoh0> jcg at sactoh0 (John C. Gonnerman) writes:
>Look around on local bulletin boards.  MS-DOS machines have a number of
>PD or affordable shareware programs available which may solve this problem.
>Unfortunately, at this point XENIX has passed the ball to your PC's.
>
>(but if anyone out there has the MS-DOS solution to this problem, I
>would like it also...)

Kermit 2.32/A for MS-DOS does this.  You can get it for free via
anonymous ftp from cunixc.cc.columbia.edu [128.59.40.130] in the
kermit/a directory.  BITNET and uucp distributions are also
available.

You can get also mail order from

          Kermit Distribution
          Columbia University Center for Computing Activities
          612 West 115th Street
          New York, NY  10025  (USA)

(ask for a current order form; last I checked, they wanted $20
for your choice of 5 1/4" or 3 1/2" diskette)

Kermit isn't shareware.  Yet it can be copied and distributed
freely, even included with commercial products (a version came
with our UNIX distribution).  I haven't seen anything else
(commercial or otherwise) I consider worth switching to.
And it doesn't make Procomm's annoying "squeak"!!!

Complete source code and machine-readable documentation (ASCII or
PostScript) are available and the "product support" is excellent.

See also: comp.protocols.kermit
	(or Info-Kermit at watsun.cc.columbia.edu)