Reserving the printer

David W. Summers dws at cseg.uucp
Fri May 26 06:28:13 AEST 1989

I have a question that I've not seen anyone address before.  I would like to be
able to lock out the automatic spooling of print jobs and reserve the printer
for my program's use until it is finished printing and then have the normal
print spooling take effect again, preferrably (sp?) with the least amount of
interference with the printer spooler 'lpsched' and the 'lp' command.  This will
be used for things like immediate printing without going through the print
spooler, printing forms tests, and things like that.  Does anyone have a clue
as to the the printer lockout procedure for the normal 'lp' and 'lpsched'
commands that I could use?

   Please e-mail replies and I'll post a summary if there is enough interest.
Any help, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

   - David Summers
   (dws at cseg.uucp)
   (..!harris.cis.ksu.edu!hcx!cseg!dws)