GCC on Xenix 2.3.1

Kayvan Sylvan kayvan at mrspoc.UUCP
Tue May 2 04:48:29 AEST 1989

I have gotten gcc 1.34 to compile and run (with some coercion) on
our Wyse 386 Xenix 2.3.1.

Unfortunately, gcc outputs AT&T stye assembler syntax which masm (the
Xenix assembler) won't accept. I have brought up gas-1.31 on this machine
and I could probably get GCC to work with gas and gld, but this would
mean that the object formats would not be compatible with the current
compiler and standard libraries.

I would *love* to get a real compiler (read GCC) up on this Xenix system.

There is a masm386.c module in gcc which does not seem to be used.

If some kind soul out there has a solution (or suggestions) please mail
me.

Thanks. (My address is mrspoc!kayvan at apple.com)

			---Kayvan
--