light pens / bar-code readers wanted

Harold W Hankins hwh at cup.portal.com
Sat May 6 13:09:37 AEST 1989

We have used both Percon and Aedex barcode readers with our Point of
Sale software. (the Aedex are less expensive)

No driver is needed because barcode readers are normally hooked up
in "wedge" configuration. (They OR the data from the terminal and
barcode reader together.) Percon has both rs-232 and IBM PC keyboard
versions.  You just unplug your keyboard, plug in the barcode reader,
and plug the keyboard into the back of the barcode reader.

The application software can't tell if someone has typed the number
in on the keyboard or scanned it in with the barcode reader.

AEDEX Corp, Placentia, CA  (714)632-7000
Percon, Eugene, OR         (503)344-1189

Hank Hankins			hwh at cup.portal.com
Point of Sales Systems
Camarillo, CA