SCO-Interactive-Locus love triangle (was: VP/ix keyboard problem)

Ross Oliver rosso at sco.COM
Tue May 2 05:36:32 AEST 1989

In article <603 at lilink.UUCP> tbetz at .UUCP (Tom Betz) writes:

    As I have heard that SCO is
    abandoning VP/ix for DOSmerge in future releases, don't expect
    either of these things to be fixed anytime soon.

In article <604 at lilink.UUCP> mikej at lilink.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) writes:

    Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the SCO-Interactive-Locus
    love triangle 8-)

Several weeks ago, I posted a statement on SCO's official position
regarding VP/ix and DOS Merge.  It is somewhat lengthy (about 50 lines),
so I won't repost, but I will e-mail copies on request.  The essence
of the statement is that SCO will continue to support and improve VP/ix
on the SCO XENIX 386 and SCO UNIX System V/386 platforms.  We are offering
DOS Merge with our Open Desktop program because Merge is better optimized
for the SCO Xsight (i.e. X Windows) environment.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.