CD-ROM on Xenix?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Nov 28 05:05:34 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov27.005250.20032 at cs.rochester.edu> ciaraldi at cs.rochester.edu (Mike Ciaraldi) writes:
| Does anyone have experience with running a CD-ROM on a Xenix system?
| Or even know if it is possible?

  You can read High Sierra or ISO 9660 disks (I'm not sure they're
different) as a read only filesystem. The first time you load the ROM
you have to create a head with a "cdmkfs" command. Then you can mount
and dismount (using cdXXXX commands).

	Micro Design International, Inc
	6985 University Blvd
	Winter Park FL 32792
	407/677-8365

  My recollection is that the price was quite reasonable. Their
controller can support up to seven heads, if you are considering a
documentation server (which I was).
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon