Re^2: IBM and Apple Operating Systems (Re: dosread.c again)

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 14:29:08 AEST 1989

In article <5412 at wpi.wpi.edu> jhallen at wpi.wpi.edu (Joseph H Allen) writes:
>In article <1989Nov3.191142.4163 at world.std.com> madd at world.std.com (jim frost) writes:

>How many people have used RM/COS on a TRS-80 Model 12 or 16?  This is a really
>gross COBOL operating system which ran RealWorld Accounting.  The TRS-80
>Model-II through 16 was an interesting machine.  It started out as a Z80
>system similer to Radio Shack's TRS-80 Model-Is and IIIs.
The ONLY similarity was the z80.  The rest was quite different.
>                                                           They then added a
>68000 to it with Model 12.
The model 12 was a model II with 1/2 height 8" drives.  Adding the 68000 it
became a model 16.

Just correcting some mis-information here.  Don't want history to become
corrupt :-)
>- XENIX  (nice but required 3 out of the 8MB of available disk space- BTW,
>	  I've recently seen TRS-80 Model 16s with built in hard drive
>	  and 8" high density floppy drives on sale _by radio shack_ for
>	  $1000)
And I bought one used with 3 terminals for $600.

Followups are posted to comp.sys.tandy

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!tarpit!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP