80x43

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Mon Nov 20 10:08:39 AEST 1989

In article <57 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>Has anyone managed to get vi to run with an 80x43 sized display (vidi
>e80x43)?

No big deal, Stuart, as long as you've redefined your TERM environment
variable, and made a corresponding /etc/termcap entry. In my case, I
ususally run in  80x25 mode as "ansic" -- ansi terminal with color
capabilities.
So when I want to use vidi to get 43 line mode, I reset TERM to be
"ansic43", which in /etc/termcap, shows:

	ansic43:li#43:tc=ansic

>Also, what do you have to do to run in 80x43 in all multi screens? After a
>couple of screens have switched vidi returns a message "vidi: Not enough
>space".

I also find that I can only get two of these 43-liners running in SCO 2.3
before I run up against the same limit you found. Somewhere, SCO set some
limit, and I wish I knew where it was.
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr at jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341 at compuserve.com