/u doesn't get fsck'd or mounted during boot

Phil Eschallier phil at lgnp1.LS.COM
Wed Nov 29 00:40:23 AEST 1989

In article <183 at sherpa.uucp> rac at sherpa.uucp (Roger Cornelius) writes:
>Since installing the 2.2.? -> 2.3.2 upgrade for the 286, my /u
>filesystem doesn't get fsck'd during the boot sequence.  This happens
>whether /u is dirty, or I specified "fsck=yes" in /etc/default/filesys
>according to the man page for mnt(C).  (the filesys(F) man page doesn't
>mention the "fsck" keyword, only "fsckflags".)
>If I understand correctly, when "fsck=yes" is specified the
>filesystem is fsck'd regardless of whether it's dirty or not.

	actually you need "rcfsck=yes" for cleaning during booting.  i have
	posted before that the "rcfsck=dirty" does not work for 2.3.2 ('286).
	sco has said nothing.

	if you you get any help from them, please let me know.  i have called
	sco and checked the sosco system -- there is no fix available yet.

	phil eschallier
	phil at ls.com

	btw -- please no flames for posting a "mail-type" response, this is
	to give sco another prompt.