comp.unix.xenix

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amull at Morgan.COM
Wed Nov 29 23:41:12 AEST 1989

I'm convinced from the replies posted so far that I did not make my
problem with C error messages clear.

1. By terse error messages, I mean that the error text normally
supplied with the SCO cc compiler is not being printed. Not
that if it were printed, it would be too short, but that it is
not being reported. That is, I don't get 'Unidentified identifier
xxx' but just the error number C2065. Now I think 'C2065' is not
descriptive enough. The correct message, according to the C
Programmer's guide is 'xxx : undefined' which is what I would like.

2. The problem can be fixed by making sure that links from the files
/lib/*.err exist to the /lib/386 directory. The Development tools
installation does not always ensure this; which is a bug in my
opinion. Apparently you don't get a fully wired compiler unless you
include the XENIX cross-development tools in your installation.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt