Adaptec controllers

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Tue Oct 3 09:15:44 AEST 1989

I guess the Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer, don't know
much about the "current crop" of Adaptec controllers.  In message <7100025>
He stated that _"All of the current crop of Adaptec controllers have jumpers
for secondary I/O ports and interrupts"_.

Well, I called Adaptec to confirm this statement, which they did!  Great!  They
even recommended a distributor who was fast, and efficient!  Placed my order
 Friday, got it Monday!  And guess what, the ACB2310 I ordered DOES NOT have
the ability to change the interrupt.  The edges are not even on the card!
As a matter of fact I was told later that only two cards, and ESDI and an
RLL card (Forget which ones) can actually change interrupt by jumper.

Does anyone know of a WD Card that has the interrupt jumpers?  I would like
to avoid having to pick up the interrupt from the motherboard.

Thanks again
--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd at adelphi.UUCP  or  mark at promark.UUCP