smail (smart mailers)

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Fri Oct 13 02:14:41 AEST 1989

  Are you using a 286 makefile with some -M2 option turned on? I had no
trouble with mine. I have put a few hacks in, but nothing which would
fix a seg violation.

Here's my makefile if that helps. I don't know how hacked it is, I
started it years ago on SysIII, but it ran on Xenix286 and Ultrix.

# Makefile for smail (not a installation makefile)

# @(#)Makefile	2.5 (smail) 9/15/87

CFLAGS	=	-O
LDFLAGS	=	-F 4000
#
# System V Release 2.0 sites can use -lmalloc for a faster malloc
#
#LIBS	=	-lmalloc

OBJECTS =	main.o map.o resolve.o deliver.o misc.o alias.o pw.o headers.o getpath.o str.o getopt.o

all: smail svbinmail lcasep pathproc mkfnames nptx

smail:		$(OBJECTS)
		cc $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJECTS) -o smail $(LIBS)

$(OBJECTS):	defs.h
		cc $(CFLAGS) -c $<

svbinmail:	svbinmail.c defs.h
		cc $(CFLAGS) svbinmail.c -o svbinmail

lcasep:		lcasep.c
		cc $(CFLAGS) lcasep.c -o lcasep

pathproc:	pathproc.sh
		cp pathproc.sh pathproc
		chmod 755 pathproc

mkfnames:	mkfnames.sh
		cp mkfnames.sh mkfnames
		chmod 755 mkfnames

nptx:		nptx.o pw.o str.o
		cc $(CFLAGS) nptx.o pw.o str.o -o nptx $(LIBS)

nptx.o:		nptx.c
		cc $(CFLAGS) -c nptx.c

install:	all
		@echo read doc/Install

clean:
		rm -f *.o *.ln a.out core

clobber:	clean
		rm -f smail rmail lcasep pathproc mkfnames svbinmail nptx
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon