SCO 3.2 UNIX

Bob Palowoda palowoda at fiver.UUCP
Mon Oct 30 18:19:00 AEST 1989

>From article <6212 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, by karish at forel.stanford.edu (Chuck Karish):
> In article <3447 at netcom.UUCP> bobr at netcom.UUCP (R. Rieger) wrote:
>>I found one other bug that was a real problem!  For some reason and
>>I still do not know why,  a file named /etc/auth/system/tty-t would
>>get created.  Once created,  no one could login.
>
> SCO UNIX 3.2 has some security extensions beyond standard UNIX practice.
> This may be one of them.  There's a choice in one of the
> sysadm menus to disable all the security extensions.

  Gee no wonder the goverment require this. All the users would of the
  system would get lots of coffee breaks.

  I was wondering though, can root still login?

  What kind of security feature is this? When the system thinks some
  is wrong it locks everyone out?  Just curious.

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  pacbell!indetech!palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|daisy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda         (415)-623-8809 1200/2400