dosread.c again

Andy Tanenbaum ast at cs.vu.nl
Sun Oct 22 07:34:25 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct21.013342.2168 at ccu.umanitoba.ca> chan at eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca (Andrew Chan) writes:
>How about the Mac?  Do you hate the Mac OS Andy? :-)
Does it even have anOS?  The Mac seems to have a niche.  Our secretaries and the
pure mathematicians love them.  I ascribe this to limited power of abstraction.

>I wish Minix could be more powerful as a multi-user system.
I am curious about what this means.  Is MINIX slower than XENIX (probably)?
Has fewer features (Thank Goodness)?  What is it that it lacks?  This is a
purely academic question, since sight unseen I am against the answer :-(.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast at cs.vu.nl)