dosread.c again

Lloyd Parkes cs304pal at rata.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Oct 27 09:57:02 AEST 1989

In article <6627 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <5182 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> webb at uhccux.UUCP (Thomas Webb) writes:
>> Also, those
>> of us on tight personal budgets can get a complete DOS development
>> system for about $1500, $1000 for the machine and $500 for a very
>> complete set of development software.
>
>Fiddlesticks. (I'm saying that a lot lately. It's a lot more polite than
>what I'm thinking)

I would just like to add my fiddlesticks as well, I have a 12Mhz AT, with
two (small) hard drives, with an excellent VGA card, with VGA monitor. All
for $NZ2700 + $NZ700 + $NZ900. This is about $US2600 max (exchange rates
are a bit dodgy). All this paid for by a part time job, while I study here
at University.

It really isn't that hard to get a very nice AT based development system. I
would actually like to see more work done on using VGAs as graphics
terminals, with windows etc. :-) Fun for someone.

					Lloyd
Quick, send your money to cs304pal at rata.vuw.ac.nz now!

If you think anyone believes what I have just said,
then you must be daft in the head!