Xenix filesystem fragmentation

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Fri Oct 27 06:13:26 AEST 1989

According to usenet at cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner):
>Tar does not backup special device files (ie /dev) and I've
>some **IX's tar who didn't backup up empty directories.

Get afio from the comp.sources.unix archives.  It handles all kinds of
files, including device entries.  And it's fast.  And it requires less
backup media for the same amount of backup.  And you'll have source code.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>